By Lex Li
This article shows how live preview.
The keyboard shortcuts are
ctrl+k ctrl+r(on Mac
cmd+k cmd+r) Preview to Side
To learn all keyboard shortcuts of this extension, please refer to Keyboard Shortcuts.
This extension can compile your source files in the background, and show live preview of the current active document.
The compilation/rendering requires an engine, and currently two of them are supported,
The choice decides the performance and quality of the preview page.
DocUtils implements the basic reStructuredText syntax, and it can render preview based on just a single page. Therefore, if this engine is used,
- The rendering speed is super fast.
- The preview page lacks of themes.
- Certain Sphinx syntax is not rendered correctly.
Sphinx implements its own syntax on top of DocUtils, and it compiles the whole
project (based on
conf.py) to a website. Therefore, if this engine is used,
- The rendering speed can be slow.
- The preview page contains themed elements, and matches the final result in web browsers.
- All Sphinx syntax and even extensions work flawlessly.
To learn more about the settings, refer to Configuration.